The Blockchain will have a major effect on almost every industry in the coming years. Of course, this doesn’t stop with the media. There are a number of companies joining the Blockchain space dedicated to social media, news, music, and movies. It’s hard to tell just where the technology will take all of these industries and companies because Blockchain technology is still in its infancy.
The media sector is usually one of the first to adapt to and use new technologies. It’s not surprising that it has been so quick to implement Blockchain technology to fund and power a number of projects. So far, the Blockchain has primarily been used to mint copyrights and track royalties. It’s been valuable to artists, musicians, actors, and other creative professionals that want to be fairly paid for their work.
There is no shortage of new Blockchain projects popping up in the entertainment and media industries in 2022. This includes a number of social media projects. Check out the following projects, which are some of the most anticipated in the sector in 2022.
- Rebel AI – Rebe AI is a crypto-based media company that is dedicated to tracking publishing rights and other media contracts for advertisers and other media content. The company is based in Louisville CO also will create crypto wallets designed for trading media futures in the NFT and crypto space. Overall, it will increase transparency in the advertising industry.
- Fluz Fluz – Fluz Fluz is a New York City-based e-commerce platform that rewards its customers for shopping at some of the most popular retail sites on the internet. These cashback rewards can be compounded when users refer their friends and family to use the platform. Those that use the platform can get up to 8% off when they shop when they maximize the rewards.
- Civil – If you are looking for more transparency and value out of your news, this is the company. Civil is based in NYC and is a group-owned Blockchain project that is run by a group of journalists. It gives the journalists that use it more ownership and power over their work than ever before. Its goal is to get rid of “fake news”.
- Binded – This San Francisco-based company is here to help photographers mint their work on the Blockchain. All photographers have to do is upload their work to the database so it can be tracked wherever it is used. The company is already on track to register almost half a million photographs soon.
- Steemit – Steemit is one of the first entries into Blockchain technology by a social media company. The social media network is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Every time members interact and use the site, they get Steem Tokens as a reward. These tokens can later be used to help dole out rewards and other incentives. This should change the way people view social media, becasue they are getting something abck for using the platform.
Check out these five companies if you are interested in learning more about how the Blockchain is going to change the media industry. There are a number of companies registering work and empowering artists in their ownership of that work. These comanies also look to be sound investments.